Latest Posts

Busy

By 1:41 PM

To say that we've been busy would be an understatement.  This frightens me because the kids are still small and we're already busy.  Sara has dance Thursdays. We have church on Sunday and small group on Wednesday nights.  Pepper in meet ups with friends and it's cram packed!  Trying to fit in some study time has been chaotic. 

Work has calmed down some.  We have an Oscar now.  Yes, he's a dude in the OB/Gyn's office.  He's our business manager.  He deals with the boring stuff that I didn't go to school to deal with.  He did, so he's having fun.  Good for him!

Opening a new office feels a lot like dealing with a newborn.  It requires a lot of attention, you don't know what you're doing.  You loose sleep over if you're doing things right and stay constantly frustrated by your "learning experiences".  That's the nice way to say screw ups.

It's hard to stay focused right now because I'm looking forward to the future.  I should graduate in December with my RN, and at this point I don't know where that will take us.  I do know that I'm ready to expand beyond office nursing.  I want the flexibility to be able to have days off during the week with the kids, or while the kids are in school with just me!

In more disconcerting news, I picked up the packet to enroll the girls in kindergarten!  Yes, I cried.  A lot.  Where did my little babies go?  (Notice I said picked it up.  Actually turning it in would be to acknowledge that this is actually happening, and well, I'm just not ready for that yet. )  We walked the girls to their school and showed them around the outside.  They played on the playground, and Emily peed on the slide, but that's another story.  She had to walk all the way home, like a scuba diver in fins, but I digress.  Crying the whole way.  Sara and Cooper were crying too.  It was a scene.  ANYWAY.....

I'm off to pick the girls up from school so we can practice our songs for tryouts tonight.  The Sound of Music.  Let's see how this goes!!  I'm betting that they'll both freeze up, or they might fool us all and I can see how the whole stage Mom thing goes.
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments