Latest Posts

I concede

By 11:49 AM

Yesterday I conceded to being young and hip.  I resigned to the fact that I am neither of those things.  I am inching into middle age, and I have NEVER been hip.  It's amazing to have that weight lifted off my shoulders.  Such delusions of grandeur are never productive.  So, to help myself swallow that jagged little pill, I made a major purchase.  I bought a minivan. 

Yes, it is one of the AWESOME ones but it still doesn't change the fact that it is one of the things that I said I would NEVER do.  (I've stuck my foot in my mouth a lot lately with the NEVER things, ie: I would NEVER work for a place that involved any sort of nepotism (I am thoroughly enjoying this one.  Susan Alexander is AMAZING.  She is truly darling and I love her to PIECES!)  It's a Honda Odyssey.  It's beautiful, and big, and safe, and has BLUETOOTH and XM satellite radio (I choked up a little bit when I programmed the 90's station) and totally awesome back up camera!  How freakin' cool is THAT!  Tahoe didn't have THAT!  Pilot didn't have THAT!

Everyone has a seat.  It doesn't take 5 minutes to load everyone and find their seat belt plug in thingies.  I don't worry about the girls being in the third row because there is space between the third row and the back of the car.  It has 5 star crash ratings on front and rear collisions and safety features to boot.  Cooper doesn't kick the back of my seat when I'm driving. 

Buying the car was a nightmare.  Why can't you just go to a car dealership and they give you what you want.  If they can't do it, then they say no we can't do that.  Not, "Let me go get my manager, I don't know if we can do that, blah, blah, blah"  Three hours later, I had what I wanted.  Why couldn't we save my three hours and yours (you could have sold ANOTHER car in that time?) and just skip the BS and give me what I wanted?  I grew up in the car business.  I know how it works!  You can take a loss on a car in order to sell it and Honda will give you more incentives.  Its mid month and in the three hours that I've been here, no one has been in the finance office.  You're day is pretty crappy.  I do have a uterus but that doesn't make me stupid.  I fake my excitement, but not so deep down, it would not hurt me at all to walk away from this deal.  I don't care.  I know what I want and I'm. Not. Budging.  I'm still trying to decide which one is more painful: Buying a car or buying a house. 

So, should I buy kid name stickers for the back?  How about those stick figure people?  Too much?




You Might Also Like

1 comments