Latest Posts

This Post Has Nothing To Do With Peanut Butter Bars

By 10:36 AM


I screamed in my kitchen this morning.  It was a scream of pure satisfaction.  It was a carnal scream.  You see, I had just tasted something that both filled the void within and also brought me back to my school days. 

Things are crappy for Christina right now.  When things get crappy, I like to eat.  Who doesn’t?  The more carbs, the better.  I swear somewhere there is a carbs:happiness ratio that has been developed by Frito Lay and Little Debbie to help silence that evil inner voice.  270 Cheese Puffs = forget that your checking account is depressing.  1 Box of Star Crunch = Forget that you’re practically unemployed.  1 can bean dip= silence the non-stop questions of a darling 6 year old.

I am healthy.  My family is healthy.  I am loved. The people that I love are here.  I have a roof over my head and groceries in the fridge (that is still working!)  Yes, according to Maslow, my needs are being met.  Some super annoying things are happening lately that are driving me to consume mass quantities. Let’s review:
  1. Low census is wreaking havoc on my paycheck.  This is not a problem unique to just me.  Our entire unit is out.  I blame myself (not for the low census. That was a problem that started way before me) for accepting this job.  I knew that things were not going well before I took the job, but I did not know it was this bad.  This makes me very sad because this is a great group of ladies, and I enjoy working with all of them. 
  2.  I’m out of honey roasted Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
  3.  My phone is gone.  My LIFE was on that phone.  I had recently updated so most of the important stuff is backed up on my iTunes, but all of my pics and videos from Coldplay are gone!  I’m using Jeremy’s phone for now because you can’t be applying for jobs and NOT have a phone available.  “Please hire me, but I can’t be reached by phone right now.  Just throw up the Bat Signal and I’ll be on my way.” 
  4. The dishwasher is broke.  There is water pooling in the bottom.  I’m not a plumber.  I have no idea what’s going on.  I do know that it does no smell yummy in there.  
  5. My glasses are broke.  They will not stay on my head.  I have contacts but I swear they feel like wearing Saran Wrap on my eyeball.  
  6.  My laptop will not stay connected to the internet.  There’s not a problem with my router because I can still get on wireless with the Wii and my phone. 
  7.  I can’t find my car keys.  New Honda keys are about the price of my rent each month!!
  8. STILL waiting on my GN permit and NCLEX ATT from the Board of Nursing.  This will make job hunting a lot easier.  I’m kinda stuck until I can prove I’m licensed.

I know this sounds horribly whiney but it’s what’s going on with us right now.  I love having the time off with the kids though.  I’m getting some cleaning done and getting rid of some stuff for when we make a move.  I don’t like feeling idle.  The last couple of years have been terribly busy, so I guess I should look at this as my time to slow down and enjoy not having to do anything!
So, back to my scream. I was feeling a bit nostalgic and remembered those Peanut Butter Bars that they used to serve at the schools.  Those would be my lunch most days, just those Peanut Butter Bars.  Then I remembered that I had seen someone had posted the recipe on Facebook.  I had all of the ingredients in my pantry, so I tried them out.  They were JUST like I remembered.  It was AMAZING! I am so glad my children will get to experience the greatness of the peanut butter bars since they can’t be served in the schools anymore.  I’m also thankful that we don’t have to worry about any allergies in our house.  Accept for our allergy to BS.

You Might Also Like

0 comments